Come along with me, Clarisse LaGrone, your San Francisco blogger, as I throw on my pumps with the Bay Area as my catwalk. Together we will discover the newest hot spots and trends to hit the Bay Area.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cosmopolitan Restaurant & Bar



The great thing about this place is the ambiance throughout the restaurant; the restaurant itself was not up to par taste-wise.

Some friends, and me decided to dine at this restaurant to try out the Dine About Town, pre fixed menu with http://www.Opentable.com, which did not look that appetizing, so we stuck to the regular menu. Our group had two appetizers, the fontina stuffed meatballs, polenta, spicy tomato-basil $8 and Calamari and artichoke fritto misto $10. The appetizers, I can say where delicious and the presentation of the food was beautiful. The main course that I picked was the scallops with oxtail risotto. Although creative and presented nicely, the food was slightly bland. The scallops were cooked nicely but the risotto tasted like boiled wild rice, definitely absent of seasonings and the black trumpet mushrooms didn’t seem too really compliment the dish at all. I am just not impressed enough to spend that kind of money for the food, I would just stick to their dirty martini, its was delicious!

Cosmopolitan Restaurant & Bar

www.thecosmopolitancafe.com

121 Spear Street
San Francisco, CA 94105-1556
(415) 543-4001

No comments:

Post a Comment